"It's frustrating to be one citizen out of 320 million. Supporting Heritage is a chance to help in some small way to guide the policies of our country. From the work you do in Congress to getting the message out to the American public through channels like the Daily Signal, I appreciate the breadth of Heritage's impact. One person can't do very much, but Heritage has a big enough presence to make a significant difference for all of us." -Heritage Legacy Society member Norman Metcalfe
IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- If you are married with separate IRAs, you and your spouse each can make gifts up to $100,000 per year
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of The Heritage Foundation
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator directly to make a gift from your IRA to us. To be sure we properly and promptly acknowledge your gift, please also call or email Lori McNicoll at (800) 409-2003 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your plans.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction. While you will not receive an income tax deduction for this gift, the distribution will be excluded from your taxable income. A transfer to The Heritage Foundation would also fulfill some or all of any required minimum distribution without increasing your taxable income.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.